How to Buy Art
How to Sell Art
Artist Watch Alerts
Visitor and Website Stats
1847 artists public and private
197,634 site views per month
682,144 listing views per month
New Artist Submission
OnlineArtGroup.com does not assist or guide sellers on pricing their artwork.
Private Listing Rooms
OnlineArtGroup.com does not assist or guide sellers on pricing their artwork. There are a multitude of appraisal directories, auction and informational sites to assist you. We are brokers of fine art, not appraisers. Further, assisting in the sales price of your artwork is a direct conflict with our service.
We ask that you please do not email us with pricing inquiries.
Ideas and suggestions you might consider when listing your artwork to sell.
Pricing artwork can be a subjective undertaking. There are many factors that one might consider in this process. Below are a few examples that might be helpful to keep in mind.
- What other works are listed by this artist for sale?
- What like works are listed for sale?
- The condition of the work you are listing.
- What are the current market conditions?
- Do you urgently need to sell the artwork?
- The price originally paid for the artwork.
Knowing what type of shape the work of art you are selling is in will with help you in a honest assessment of it’s price and condition.
- If you are not the person who commissioned the framing on the work you are selling, we suggest that you take it to a professional framer, un-frame the work, and inspect the surface and back thoroughly.
- If the work of art is on paper and has not been framed or re-framed in the last 15 years, this could be a concern that the glazing “Glass” is not UV protected, therefore some fading of the surface colors could have occurred. This should be assessed prior to listing the work for sale.
- All surfaces of works on paper should be protected and only in
contact with 100% acid free products. If this is not the case, then mat
burns will be apparent along the surface of the artwork. This should
be fully disclosed at the time of listing.
Please note that inaccurate disclosure of the condition of the artwork will result in your non-completion of your sell. Funds will never be released until after the buyer has inspected and is fully satisfied the the work is as represented.